Based on feedback from our recipients, we are actively collecting hats! We are especially in need of gender neutral black or grey hats. Click here to find out more.
How You Can Help:
- Knit or crochet a scarf and/or hat and drop it off at one of the following locations during our 2018 drive scheduled between September 1st and October 1st. If you don't want to hold onto your completed scarves/hats until then, the Avalon Library has generously offered to collect and hold them throughout the year. Refer to our Knitting Guidelines.
- Encourage your school, church, activity group or friends and family to make KnitHope a pet project. You will be amazed at how much you can accomplish together! If your group or organization are unable to bring their donations to a drop-off site, please contact us to see if we might be able to collect it from your site.
- If you know of a homebound person who may be interested in knitting for us, but who does not have access to materials, please contact us so that we may try to bring materials to them. Everyone can make a difference!
- Donate yarn in our collection boxes so that we may provide it to anyone who would like to help our cause, but can't afford materials. Only unused skeins please.
- Become a collection location.
- Send along our information to anyone that you know who may be interested!
- Please note: As they do not fit the mission of KnitHope, we will not accept donations of store bought scarves.
2018 Tentative Collection Locations:
The following sites will have drop-off boxes available for collection from September 1st- October 1st.